PI & Co-PI
Title / Objectives/Crops / Treatments/Observations/Analysis
Survey and soil site suitability evaluation of the soils of AICRPDA Biswanath Chariali of Sonitpur district and NICRA Village Chamua of North Lakhimpur Districts of Assam.
Detailed soil resource map of Chamua village with thematic maps on physiograhy, slope, erosion, drainage, depth, texture, pH, EC, AWC/ LGP, N,P,K, micronutrients, LCC, Land suitability maps for sali rice and other dominant crops
Code PI & Co-PIs
Title/Objectives /Crop/Treatments /Observations/Analysis
Effect of tillage and residue retention for resource conservation in improving soil quality and productivity of black gram-rabi sorghum sequence on Inceptisol
Cropping system :- Black gram – rabi sorghum (rotation)
Tillage management (main treatment)
Conventional tillage (CT)
1. Summer ploughing once in three year. Harrowing on set of monsoon for good seed bed.
2. Sowing of black gram with ferti-seed drill + subsequent light harrowing + two hoeing at 3rd and 5th week after sowing of black gram.
3. Harvesting of black gram either for green manuring or grain.
4. Harrowing after harvest of black gram. Sowing of rabi sorghum with ferti-seeddrill- subsequent light harrowing.
5. Three hoeings at 3rd 5th and 8th weeks after sowing of rabi sorghum.
6.Harvesting of rabi sorghum above ground level.
Reduced tillage (RT)
1. Harrowing on set of monsoon.
2. Sowing of black gram with ferti-seed drill- subsequent light harrowing + hoeing at 3rd week after sowing of black gram.
3.Harvesting of blk gram either for green manuring or grain.
4. Harrowing after harvest of black gram.
5.Sowing of rabi sorghum with ferti-seed drill- subsequent light harrowing.
6. Two hoeing at 3rd and 5th week after sowing of rabi sorghum.
7.Harvesting of rabi sorghum above ground level.
Zero tillage (ZT)
1. Sowing of black gram with ferti-seed drill on set of monsoon- subsequent light harrowing + pre-emergence herbicide for weed control.
2.Harvesting of black gram either for green manuring or grain.
3.Sowing of sorghum –subsequent light harrowing + pre-emergence herbicide for
OC, N, P, K, and limiting micronutrient, Nutrient use efficiency, Carbon balance, Nutrient balance
Uptake N, P, K, nutrients at harvest
Kharif black gram biomass:
Green manuring of surface application of black gram biomass at flowering and analyze for N content.
Grain yield of black gram.
Energy Input and Energy Output balance, observations,Field capacity of the ,implement, Time saved (hrs),Labour saved,Fuel saved
RWUE,Soil biological properties (Microbial count of Bacteria, Fungi, actinomycets, N fixer and PSB at sowing flowering and harvesting),Input & output energy,Crop seasonal rainfall,Economic analysis
Village : Nevariaya Mandal : Gangarar District : Chittorgarh
Code PI &
2015 - 17/
PI & Co-PIs
Selection of new location for ORP
Rainfall analysis and water balance of target district as block level
Soil analysis for macro & micro nutrients
Village: Piplodadwarkadheesh Taluk: Ujjain District: Ujjain
Code PI & Co-PIs
Characterization of biophysical resources, documentation of traditional farming system in new ORP area
PRA and bench mark survey, Soil resource characterization, Soil analysis for macro and micro nutrients, organic carbon, pH, EC etc.
Documentation of resources available in the village and other details